- City Of Emporia. A list of resources and services available to Emporia area residents. Emporia Resource Guide
- City of Lawrence. Site with links to city staff, news and resources. Lawrence, KS
- City of Lawrence. A list of resources and services available to Lawrence area residents. Lawrence Resource Guide
- Douglas County Food Resources – Spanish
- City of Manhattan. A list of resources and services available to Manhattan area residents. Manhattan Resource Guide
- Riley County Resource Guide. Published by K-State Research and Extension. Riley County Resource Guide -English / Spanish. Addendum – English. Manhattan Resource Crib Sheet – English / Spanish
- City of Topeka. Site with links to all city departments including: code enforcement, human relations, the mayor’s office and community activities. Topeka, Kansas
- City of Topeka. A list of resources and services available to Topeka area residents. Topeka Resource Guide
- Shawnee County Landlord’s Association. Provides education, information and consultation in developing and maintaining rental properties that are safe and meet high standards of health and decency. Landlords of Shawnee County
- Topeka Neighborhood Groups. Contact information for the Neighborhood Associations and Neighborhood Improvement Associations. Topeka, KS
- Topeka Rescue Mission. Provides food, shelter, clothing, training, and hope to homeless and impoverished men, women, and children. No one is ever turned away. Staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Topeka Rescue Mission
- United Way. HCCI is a United Way Agency. Find and visit your local United Way to find out how the United Way is making a difference in your community. Find Your United Way
- United Way 211. The 2-1-1 System connects people with needed human services through an easy to remember three-digit phone number, the web and a variety of community interactions. When someone connects with 2-1-1, specially trained information and referral specialists analyze what services are needed and provide the appropriate resource and related information. Currently more than 65% of the U.S. population has access to 2-1-1, with more systems going live each month.
- City of Lawrence. City Code Information.
- City of Lawrence. Rental Licensing Inspection Program.
- City of Manhattan. City Code Information.
- City of Topeka.City Code Information.
- City of Atchison. City Code Information.
- City of Atchison. Escrow of Rentals Ordinance for unfit (substandard) Housing.
- Small Claims Court. What is it?Kansas Judicial Council.
RENTAL HELP: KANSAS
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
For questions about HUD rental programs, including Housing Choice (Section 8) Vouchers, contact our Public and Indian Housing (PIH) Information Resource Center:
- Email us
- Call toll-free (800) 955-2232
- Contact a housing counseling agency
- HUD Resource Locator– search for HUD offices, public housing agencies, multifamily and public housing locations and homeless coordinated entry system points of contacts
Other Kansas Resources
- Find units for rent in rural Kansas
- Help with your utility bills
- Housing resources for seniors
- Independent living centers – for seniors and people with disabilities
- Kansas Housing Resources Corporation – ask your state housing agency if you qualify for one of their programs
- Local tenant rights, laws and protections
- Search for Federal Tax Credit rental housing