Kansas Small Business Tools
- SBA: SBA offers a variety of programs and support services to help you navigate the issues you face with your initial applications, and resources to help after you open for business.
- Kansas SBDC: Each Regional SBDC is staffed by professionals with the knowledge and business experience to provide expert counseling and training. Our staff has a wide variety of business experience in many different functional areas and industries. Centers may also utilize faculty, graduate students, volunteers and representatives from business and industry.
- Venturize – Small Business Loan Tool: Venturize is free to use and is funded by Sam’s Club Giving with a goal to reduce the number of predatory loans to small businesses by 2020. Users of Venturize can print the loan calculator and take it to a counselor or banker for discussion.
- Connect 2 Capital – Small Business Loan Tool: Connect 2 Capital is a pilot program to serve as a match making engine for small businesses who are declined by lenders. Small businesses can check if they will pre-qualify for mission based funding. They are hoping to have lenders refer denied small business loan applicants to them.
- NetWork Kansas – NetWork Kansas matching loan programs are designed to support private capital by providing matching funds to assist startups and existing businesses that are expanding. A variety of loan programs are offered based on geography, matching loan amounts, and project need.
Lawrence Small Business Tools
- City of Lawrence Small Business Resource
- The Chamber, Lawrence KS – Business Resources for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- KU School of Business – Small Business Development Center
- Network Kansas Ecommunity
- Culinary Commons – For businesses who need access to a commercial kitchen.
- 1 Million Cups
- Lawrence Pubic Library Resources
Topeka Small Business Tools
- Topeka and Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund: The Topeka and Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund is a not-for-profit organization certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury as a Community Development Financial institution, of CDFI. CDFIs exists to provide financial, educational and consultation resources for the improvement of low-income areas.
- Washburn Small Business Development Center
- Topeka Score
- Greater Topeka Entrepreneurship Guide